Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays - mmm love that morning coffee...

...and I have three suppliers to choose from. So why is it that I favour one over the other two?

Comparing the three options, lets look at the product offering first. Supplier number one has a good selection and features individual cup brewing. Supplier number also has a variety of coffees to choose from and supplier number three at this point has one choice. In the morning they are all busy, so the coffee is brewed often. In my case having a variety of blends to choose from is not a big advantage as I am not a fan of flavoured coffees. Freshness and flavour are important as I drink coffee straight up. There is no clear winner here.

What about price? They are all in the same range. The differences are not enough to cause me to make this the reason for choosing one over another.

Okay, is it convenience? They are easy to access. The favoured supplier is actually the furthest from my office.

Reviewing product, price and convenience the field is level.

If you said customer service, you would be correct. But what part of the service tips the scales? It is not the speed of being served or completing the transaction. Without fail it begins with a cheerful and sincere "Good morning" with a smile. Add to that the parting "Thank you" and finish with "Have a great day, see you tomorrow." If I happen to miss a day they ask where I was. They make me feel like they want to have and appreciate my business - every time I am there.

It is all about the experience of the transaction that makes me a regular at supplier number two.

Do all you can to make your customer's experience enjoyable and the added value will increase the likelihood of loyal repeat business.

Good selling,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment