Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thoughtful Thursdays - Assume nothing!

It makes perfect sense... to me anyway.
 
Just because it makes perfect sense to you does not mean that your prospect or anyone else for that matter shares your interpretation.

Today's thought is about assumptions. They make life convenient and can provide what appear to be good reasons for not getting things done.
 
Here is a list of assumptions when taken at face value that will inevitably lead to a longer sales cycle or worse, missing out on an opportunity. You can likely add to the list from your own experiences.
  • They understand what I said
  • They know what they need
  • They will be too busy to talk to me
  • My products/services are too expensive for them
  • They are not my customer
  • I am speaking to the decision maker
  • I know what they need
  • They are not interested
  • They don't have the money
  • Only the owner makes that decision
  • They are the experts
  • They can not help me
Before planning your next step ask yourself this: "How do I know?"

Good selling,
Richard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment