Friday, November 14, 2008

Forgetful Fridays

I can't promise to be as dependable as Dominik and Richard- writers of Wise Wednesdays and Thoughtful Thursdays respectively- so I have taken up writing Forgetful Fridays.

Juggling the demands of my business with those of being a business advisor and trying to have a life, can leave it hard to find time to get everything done. That's a pretty common struggle for entrepreneurs and one of the best ways to manage all that you have to do is to manage expectations. It is important to be honest with yourself and with those that you do business with about what you can do and what you can't. The temptation can be to say yes to everything that comes your way, but if you can't come through when you promised you would, it does more damage to your reputation than saying no in the first place.

So in that spirit- I can't promise that I will be able to write something every week, but I hope that the title I have chosen has set the correct expectations.

Forgetful Fridays Lesson #1- Don't Over Promise and Under Deliver

Jenifer Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment