Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wise Wednesdays - Direction more important than speed

Recently I just did a cross country trip in the Laurentians for three days. I skied for 4-6 hours a day on some difficult trails (there was some 80 km of trails). I had developed some confidence because I had taken lessons and practiced on some easier trails for the past two years. I enjoyed the experience. I don’t think I would have enjoyed it as much had I just jumped in and did it for the first time (not to mention the possibility of injuring myself).

In many ways I had gone through a transition period by preparing and testing my skills before tackling tougher hills.

Becoming an entrepreneur requires a transition period. Too many people leap when what is called for is a steady well-thought out plan (with alternatives).

Seek advice, do a business plan with careful market research and realistically assess your resources. Not doing these activities can kill your business.

Come to think about it running a business is like a cross-country trip – you are constantly plodding along and feeling like you’re moving too slowly. However, at the end of the trip you look back with a great deal of accomplishment and satisfaction.

Direction is more important than speed.

Cheers,

Dominik

No comments:

Post a Comment