Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wise Wednesdays - run with it!

Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. - Demosthenes

Last week I did not get a chance to write a Wise Wednesday blog. I was just too inundated with other work. I was scrolling on our blog recently and noticed that someone else, a colleague of mine, Richard, had stolen my limelight.

At first I was upset. “How dare he steal my three minutes of imparting business wisdom”, I thought.

Then I realized that this was in fact a reminder to me and to everyone else what it means to be an entrepreneur: When opportunity presents itself run with it!

That is just what Richard did. More than anything else entrepreneurs seize the moment. Not recklessly but with preparation and some fortitude. Richard had been writing Thoughtful Thursdays for over a year that it was easy for him to add to the Wise Wednesdays blog when the opportunity presented itself.

And why not. It’s all part of becoming a savvy entrepreneur and growing your dream.

Wise Wednesday question: What skills and experiences have you mastered in the past that you can use today to create new opportunities for yourself?

Cheers,

Dominik

No comments:

Post a Comment