Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thoughtful Thursdays - Want to differentiate yourself from your competitors?

Make a habit of doing what your competitor does not like to do.

The above statement makes an assumption that you know enough about your competition to know their weaknesses.

Doing what your competitor does not like to are often things we take for granted, the little things. It could be as simple as providing summaries of your meetings or returning calls in a timely fashion.

In all cases it facilitates the buying process for your prospect or customer, making it easy for them to say yes rather than no.

I look out the window and see that the weather is not the best. Traffic will be affected so I better leave earlier to be sure I am on time for my appointment because I know that my customer will be there on time. What does it say about me if I am late? Take one step down on the trust ladder.

Back to your competition, when was the last time you analyzed their strengths and weaknesses? You probably did it for your business plan, but have reviewed it lately? Has the competitive landscape changed?

As you look forward to the holiday season and a successful new year, take the time to asses your marketing and sales activities as well as the obligatory financial review. Think about your competition, put an action plan together where you can take the lead over your competitors and make it routine.

Good selling,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment