Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays - There is nothing like a happy customer, why are they so happy?

Not many people that I know or talk to do not want their customers to be happy. Given the opportunity, happy customers will more than likely buy from you again and refer new business your way. There are numerous reasons to keep your customers happy.
 
Having said that, it seems to be difficult for some businesses to make the experience of buying from them enjoyable. While unavoidable things do happen and it is impossible to keep everyone happy, many poor buying experiences could have been prevented with some forethought.
 
Take yourself for example. Do you have a favourite restaurant you keep going back to? How about a mechanic or dealership you have been dealing with for years. Maybe it is a golf course, or retail store you frequent. I think everyone has their 'own' hair stylist. Make a list of the businesses or people you purchase from on a regular basis. Add to that list the reasons why you patronize them.
  • They treat me like they care
  • They are always smiling and pleasant
  • They are knowledgeable
  • I trust them
  • They listen and don't try to sell me something I do not want, they make recommendations based on my needs
  • They are not pushy
  • They are accommodate my schedule where possible
  • They make me feel comfortable
  • They make so convenient to say yes
  • I get a lot for my dollar
  • I like them
Now consider your day to day sales interactions with your customers and prospects. Have you forgotten or taken for granted any of the reasons that affect your buying decisions?

Good selling,
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment