Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wise Wednesdays - Opportunities to Pursue

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas A. Edison


I just got back from a vacation in Europe visiting my parents on an island on the Adriatic. Not a bad place to be. I loved my early morning swims and evening strolls.

Naturally I kept my eyes open on how people run their business. There is great potential to further develop tourism in this region. I got excited over an idea and even thought of pursuing it. Then it struck me – would I pursue this idea because I really wanted to or because people were saying I could make a lot of money?

There is nothing wrong with making a lot of money IF the venture you pursue is who are.

I never recommend people go after an idea because it’s the “in thing.” They need to be interested in it for the long run. Running a business needs to have your true motives in mind.

Vacations sometimes act as wake up calls. Many times, however, vacations just act as reminders to take time off and enjoy life. Change is good but nothing beats a long relaxing leisurely rest.

Don’t fret over lost opportunities. Pursue ones that are close to your heart -- they will require all the energy and resources you can muster.

Cheers,

Dominik

No comments:

Post a Comment